Tuesday, March 2, 2010

looking forward is more fun than looking around...


So Andrew has been in Iraq for nearly 7 months now. That is a LOT longer than it sounds. Luckily it's been flying by, but miss the heck out of him ALL the time. I'm lucky that technology is such that we get to talk nearly everyday and Skype + webcams = face time. I have great friends and my fabulous family are always looking out for me. :)

When Andrew is back for good (July-ish), then we can really start feeling married and having a together life. Currently our goal is to move to Utah in January 2011 so Andy can start school there, and we can build up a life there.

When I moved away from Utah (July 24, 2008... a very happy day!), I was pretty sure I wouldn't be going back. But we feel like it's best for us. The way I'm getting excited about it is by looking at houses/condos/apartments for rent within our budget (and comparing them to San Diego/Seattle) and I have a pretty lofty wishlist.

1) Dishwasher - We didn't have one in our apartment in WA and really missed it.
2) Washer/Dryer - I hated always having to have quarters.
3) 2-3 Bedrooms - For the right amount of closet space, a guest room so we can have visitors, and an office for Andy to study in peace. Our 1 bedroom got awfully cramped.
4) A big bath tub.
5) A fireplace - To deal with the winter... and for stockings at Christmas time.
6) A garage or at least covered parking - Again, to deal with the snow.
7) Nicer finishes than the average Provo apartment - Although Andy is just starting college, I don't really want to go back to college, lifestyle-wise.

Does this list make me a horrible, greedy person?

1 comment:

  1. You're moving back to Utah? I'm sure you can call up Ken. He might have an apartment for you to rent.
    And no--that list does not make you greedy. There are definitely some necessities--we've learned that!

    ReplyDelete